Hi, I’m Tom Mangan and Verb Nerd Industries is my business.
I’m a B2B content marketing writer and editor specializing in technology, healthcare, fitness, insurance, and renewable energy.
I worked in newspapers including the San Jose Mercury News for a couple of decades up through 2009, when I left the newspaper biz.
Today I’m a full-time content professional. I work mostly on the marketing side of things, but all those years in journalism have made me a fiend for research, accuracy, balance, taste, and just plain old common sense.
People pay me to create:
- white papers
- blog posts
- web copy
- product infosheets
- case studies
- press releases
As a freelancer, I’ve worked for household-name brands like Priceline, Motorola, and Stanford University. I’ve written about two-way radios, edited webpages for some of the world’s brightest engineering students, and sculpted copy for personal trainers and other fitness professionals.
Today I do a lot of work with the excellent team at Blue Star Design, a branding, design, and content marketing agency based in Cleveland, Ohio. Our clients include:
- A top enterprise IT integrator that specializes in cloud, SaaS, managed services, disaster recovery, and digital transformation
- An innovative smartphone app and blog helping people with HIV stay on their meds and live happy lives.
- A specialty business liability insurance provider that offers policies to restaurants, hotels, CPAs, and many more niches.
- A testing lab that provides forensic engineering and other services to help companies and government agencies assess risks and repair damage.
- A subsea cable accessory manufacturer whose blog covers the marine-renewables industry — offshore wind, wave energy, and tidal power.
I also do substantive editing for the IDEA Fitness Journal and American Fitness, a quarterly publication of the Athletics and Fitness Association of America and the National Academy of Sports Medicine.