Editing marketing content goes a lot deeper than checking the spelling and grammar. It has to build credibility and trust. To make that happen, editors have to ask themselves these six questions:
- Is the content’s premise accurate?
- Is the content free of inexcusable acts of carelessness?
- Is the content using SEO best practices?
- Is the content structured for maximum usability?
- Is the content free of lazy writing?
- Is the content helping or hurting your goals?
I explore editing for marketing content in much greater detail in a post at Reputation Capital Media Services. Click to read the full article.